Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1395
http://idgs.in/700501

Quote Originally Posted by Bedeviere View Post
    2. No Exaggerated Swearwords
    Since we are here to learn daily English conversations, I understand that sometimes we included some swearwords in our conversations. I find it no reason to really avoid them.?
    I hate to be the one who says this but it's kind of embarrassing for moderator of the English lounge to make such basic mistakes, yeah? Anyway, long time no see. How're things?

“The planet is fine. The people are fucked.”
    ― George Carlin ―

2. Hot Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
    I hate to be the one who says this but it's kind of embarrassing for moderator of the English lounge to make such basic mistakes, yeah? Anyway, long time no see. How're things?
    @Alter_Ego;

Hello win! I just got home from jogja

Not just that one I suppose. I kind of notice there are so many bad marks here and there but I can't find the time to rework all of them properly. Thanks for the notice, anyway

Aaand things aren't looking good right now. I'm currently trying to find someone to take the shots here, and it becomes harder and harder as I see many places around here becomes a graveyard one by one

Pardon the gloomy mood, how about you?

Tell me which one is the worst, and why :

1. A war between all mankind

2. A lethal incurable disease that plague all mankind

Tell me which one is the worst, and why :

1. A war between all mankind

2. A lethal incurable disease that plague all mankind

I see, since I just finished Zero Escape 2 : Virtue Last Reward recently, I think I can give you some of my opinion

I think the answer depends on the lethality of your questions
    For example :
    How lethal "A war between all mankind" in your question?
    Is it just a war with tanks, firearms, grenades, TNT's? or Nuclear wars which can destroy whole earth surface?? or maybe futuristic weapons such like in Zero escape game "Anti Matter" which can even destroy whole universe?

How lethal "A lethal incurable disease that plague all mankind" ?
    Is it just like smallpox with mortality rate below 1%? or Yellow Fever with 20-50% mortality rate? or Black Death the greatest disease ever with 60%++ mortality rate? or maybe disease such like in Zero Escape game named Radical-6 which has 75% mortality rate?

FYI you can get infected with Radical-6 just by having yor skin contacted with infected air. It is airborne and waterborne.
    Radical-6 have 2 symptoms which is:
    1. Your brain processing is slowed down by square root of 6. Your vision will become like a fast forwarded tape. You will perceived time much faster than healthy human.
    2. You will have a very strong desire to kill yourself, this is speculated because of your brain processing is slowed down, you will receive information much faster and thus the brain cannot keep up and failed to think rationally. Which lead to suicide

So for your question if I try to think realistically, I think I will go with the later one.
    Since in the case of the former one, human can build a shelter thus mankind would not be eradicated yet. Even if the surface is destroyed by nuclear, human can always go to space shelter or maybe another planet to survive.

Sorry if I have many grammar mistakes.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

ACHTUNG Baby!
    Plaudite! Acta est Fabula!
    Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
    (Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity)

i don't read all these chats for the beginning. what must i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Archavalon View Post
    I see, since I just finished Zero Escape 2 : Virtue Last Reward recently, I think I can give you some of my opinion

I think the answer depends on the lethality of your questions
    For example :
    How lethal "A war between all mankind" in your question?
    Is it just a war with tanks, firearms, grenades, TNT's? or Nuclear wars which can destroy whole earth surface?? or maybe futuristic weapons such like in Zero escape game "Anti Matter" which can even destroy whole universe?

How lethal "A lethal incurable disease that plague all mankind" ?
    Is it just like smallpox with mortality rate below 1%? or Yellow Fever with 20-50% mortality rate? or Black Death the greatest disease ever with 60%++ mortality rate? or maybe disease such like in Zero Escape game named Radical-6 which has 75% mortality rate?

FYI you can get infected with Radical-6 just by having yor skin contacted with infected air. It is airborne and waterborne.
    Radical-6 have 2 symptoms which is:
    1. Your brain processing is slowed down by square root of 6. Your vision will become like a fast forwarded tape. You will perceived time much faster than healthy human.
    2. You will have a very strong desire to kill yourself, this is speculated because of your brain processing is slowed down, you will receive information much faster and thus the brain cannot keep up and failed to think rationally. Which lead to suicide

So for your question if I try to think realistically, I think I will go with the later one.
    Since in the case of the former one, human can build a shelter thus mankind would not be eradicated yet. Even if the surface is destroyed by nuclear, human can always go to space shelter or maybe another planet to survive.

Sorry if I have many grammar mistakes.
    What's with the pseudo siggy? lol

Anyway, how lethal depends on your worst possible imagination.

I assume your case of lethal disease is the Radical-6 and I see you choose based on survival rate. Is there any way to prevent infection from Radical-6? Like using a mask for example?

Quote Originally Posted by XAVERIALNO View Post
    i don't read all these chats for the beginning. what must i do?
    For starters, you can give your answer and opinion for my question

What's with the pseudo siggy? lol

Anyway, how lethal depends on your worst possible imagination.

I assume your case of lethal disease is the Radical-6 and I see you choose based on survival rate. Is there any way to prevent infection from Radical-6? Like using a mask for example?

Yeah I am still going with the later one.
    Yes you can prevent it by wearing full suit like an astronaut suit like this

It will not spread on vaccum condition. The disease need atmosphere (air) for spreading.
    ACHTUNG Baby!
    Plaudite! Acta est Fabula!
    Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
    (Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity)

So... I have been thinking about this for quite a long time. Let's say this world I designed is your-average-fantasy world with magic and medieval weaponry. Then a miraculous thing happened! A big portal opened, and a batallion of marines march out of it. They are equpped with advanced weaponry, comparable to an army branch we know today as USMC.

If a war breaks between this alien faction and native kingdom(s), with the scale of infantry numbers set at 10/30 (10 for USMC, 30 for native Kingdom) who do you think would win?
    Last edited by Queldorei; 11-08-17 at 20:29.
    Sometimes, revenge is justice in its purest form.
    -Jazdia Crystalspark

Dead thread is dead
    -Jazdia Crystalspark

Quote Originally Posted by Queldorei View Post
    So... I have been thinking about this for quite a long time. Let's say this world I designed is your-average-fantasy world with magic and medieval weaponry. Then a miraculous thing happened! A big portal opened, and a batallion of marines march out of it. They are equpped with advanced weaponry, comparable to an army branch we know today as USMC.

If a war breaks between this alien faction and native kingdom(s), with the scale of infantry numbers set at 10/30 (10 for USMC, 30 for native Kingdom) who do you think would win?
    At first I thought this is a war between quality (USMC) and quantity (Kingdom), then I realized the kingdom have magic at their disposal

So yeah, 1 marine with today's firearms will definitely lose a fight with 3 people wielding magic and medieval weaponry

Dead thread is dead
    Yeah, it's been alive and dead for like the 50th time

But not everyone in the Medieval army has the capability to use offensive magic.
    -Jazdia Crystalspark

Can you tell me the ratio of people wielding offensive magic?

Usually 2/10

The inspiration about medieval army comes from Witcher 3 Saga, when Temeria and Nilfgaardian clashes in the battlefield I rarely see a mage in their ranks. Funnily usually each kingdom has its own court Mage.
    -Jazdia Crystalspark

Been really sick this whole time + hectic weeks at the office

Usually 2/10

The inspiration about medieval army comes from Witcher 3 Saga, when Temeria and Nilfgaardian clashes in the battlefield I rarely see a mage in their ranks. Funnily usually each kingdom has its own court Mage.
    Nah, 2/10 are still a good chance, assuming a mage can take up to 10 soldiers

Im the lizard king and i can do it anything

Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast