Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toefl

http://idgs.in/13300

it's ok. ^^
    i have problems at grammar and tenses too ^^

2. Hot Ad

Quote Originally Posted by VileTooth View Post
    That is absolutely not a junk dude, it's an essay telling on how fwked up a human can get.

I think TOEFL is not as important as you think, just get the minimal score and you're done. I mean, will the boss at the company you want to work for will ask how much you score on TOEFL?
    Sry viletooth, I don't want to be an arrogant person, but I want all ppl know English better than before.

TOEFL is an uncountable noun, (Could u count skills?). So it uses "much".

"You" on word which I had bolded, must be changed to be "Your", cuz word "Score" is owned by "you:. The complete sentence must be "Your Score".

Sry no offense vile..
    I listen to music, I appreciate it, and I make it..

Nah its okay, it's not offensive or something.

And for the frikken thousand-th time i already said that i am not good at this.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

I personally think TOEFL is an important aspect in your life, especially if you want to study abroad, almost all universities require TOEFL for International Students, and mostly require a minimum of 550-600 on the pBT (paper based test), or 100 on the iBT (internet based test).

I myself recently got 100 on the iBT TOEFL, that is 600 if converted to pBT.

And for those of you who want to go to America, they not only require TOEFL but also the SAT. The SAT is more difficult than TOEFL, way more difficult. It tests you on your English writing and reading skills, and also your Math. The English reading section is, if put into DotA terms, "Beyond-Godlike". Even native speakers won't be able to understand. The math though is a piece of cake. The total score is out of 2400, 800 for each part (3 parts consisting of: Writing, Critical Reading, and Math). My latest score for the SAT is 1700 T_T (this is quite low compared to American standards).

Quote Originally Posted by iD|Virtuoso View Post
    I personally think TOEFL is an important aspect in your life, especially if you want to study abroad, almost all universities require TOEFL for International Students, and mostly require a minimum of 550-600 on the pBT (paper based test), or 100 on the iBT (internet based test).

And for those of you who want to go to America, they not only require TOEFL but also the SAT. The SAT is more difficult than TOEFL, way more difficult. It tests you on your English writing and reading skills, and also your Math. The English reading section is, if put into DotA terms, "Beyond-Godlike". Even native speakers won't be able to understand. The math though is a piece of cake. The total score is out of 2400, 800 for each part (3 parts consisting of: Writing, Critical Reading, and Math). My latest score for the SAT is 1700 T_T (this is quite low compared to American standards).
    Hmm, I don't think you got perfect score on TOEFL.
    If you got max score on TOEFL, you wouldn't make mistakes when typing in English like what I have given red color on your quotes.

In my opinion, people who are skilled won't say, "Bla bla bla I good at this, bla bla bla...", but, they will say, "Aw, I'm not good enough, I must learn more.".

Have you understood? Now, I give you chance to renew your mistakes before I will correct it by myself.

I did not say I got a perfect score.. see in iBT the perfect score is 120, and I only got 100. I did not say "I am good at this bla bla bla". Did you think I mentioned my score to show off? I read all the other members' posts and saw that they also put their scores here, so I thought I'll put mine too. Is that a crime?

What mistakes did I make? Explain.. don't just color it in red, because I don't see any.

I did not say I got a perfect score.. see in iBT the perfect score is 120, and I only got 100. I did not say "I am good at this bla bla bla". Did you think I mentioned my score to show off? I read all the other members' posts and saw that they also put their scores here, so I thought I'll put mine too. Is that a crime?

What mistakes did I make? Explain.. don't just color it in red, because I don't see any.
    Ya I know you didn't say "I am good bla bla bla.. But, check on your post", do you remember you wrote:

Is that your proudness?? Oh, congratulation...... Let people know how good you are..

Oh, unfortunelly, there are many mistakes..

What is this??

I myself
    And what is this? 2 subjects?

if put into DotA terms
    no subject?

3rd mistake,

if put into DotA terms, "Beyond-Godlike"
    What is that? I don't know what you mean....

If I were you, I would write,

"If it's put into DotA terms, that is Beyond Godlike level."

Oh, I wanna tell you.. If you wanna correct my sentences, correct your sentences first.. Ok?
    Last edited by PotatoChip; 19-10-07 at 20:16.

Is that your proudness?? Oh, congratulation...... Let people know how good you are..
    So you're saying those people who posted their score here want to let people know how good/bad they are? If that is your assumption, go tell that other guys who posted their scores how good/bad they are, don't just do it to me.

And what is this? 2 subjects?
    I was referring to the other guys that posted their scores, then referring to myself. That's why I added the word 'myself' there.

no subject?
    You have to see the sentence as a whole, not by parts. The subject is "The English Reading section".

What is that? I don't know what you mean....
    What is that? That's a sentence, with the assumption of putting the English Reading section into DotA terms.

If I were you, I would write,

"If it's put into DotA terms, that is Beyond Godlike level."
    That's the same as saying: The English Reading Section is very hard. If it's put into DotA terms, that is Beyond-Godlike level.
    And if you combine them together, it becomes: The English Reading section is, if put into DotA terms, Beyond-Godlike. Tell me what's wrong. You only told me you didn't understand it, not what is wrong of it.

Oh, I wanna tell you.. If you wanna correct my sentences, correct your sentences first.. Ok?
    Oh, I also want to tell you.. If you want to correct my sentences, double-check on what you thought were wrong first, then confirm it as wrong. I can't believe you didn't do this, let alone your grammar. Yours contain more mistakes than mine. Want me to tell you?

Even native speakers won't be able to understand.
    So putting all other things aside, tell me why you colored this sentence.

Ha! 2 Uberly leet person are making a run for it.

Please proceed,

This should be fun.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Yours contain more mistakes than mine. Want me to tell you?
    Oh, sure... Let me learn more....... Finally, there is a person who gives free English learning.

Hmm, by the way, have you mastered simple present tense? Your sentence has a mistake on typing simple present tense.

Yours contain

let alone your grammar. Yours contain more mistakes than mine.
    What's wrong with that?
    Even native speakers won't be able to understand.
    So putting all other things aside, tell me why you colored this sentence.
    still no answer..

Here are your mistakes that I found from ur english posts:
    I think people who have mastered English know what's the different about simple past and simple present
    should be difference, not different.

That is place which noobs are located
    should be where, not which..

He is a NOOBEST admin on CoD2 server
    you cannot say someone is a best player. You have to say someone is the best.

I think TOEFL is not as important as you think, just get the minimal score and you're done. I mean, will the boss at the company you want to work for will ask how much you score on TOEFL?
    "You" on word which I had bolded, must be changed to be "Your", cuz word "Score" is owned by "you:. The complete sentence must be "Your Score".
    If you switch the word you with your, the sentence should end with 'is' (I mean, will the boss at the company you want to work for will ask how much your toefl score is?). The original sentence with 'you' is already correct.

want" means a desire to eat satay, possibilty is 40-50% that you'll be eating satay.

while "will" means a must to eat satay, it is either the only food you can buy on time, or your money can afford.

yes, they was different.
    Vile : Done the correction. See? i am noob at grammars and stuff.
    That's better than before. ^^
    The correction was changing 'was' into 'were', and (after VileTooth changed it) you said that's better? It should be 'are'. Why? because Vile was explaining something and was not referring to any events in the past. Even the question said it:
    i want to eat satay for dinner tonight......
    i will eat satay for dinner tonight.....

are those different?
    So why use 'were'? You can just answer 'yes they are different' straight away.

Those are your mistakes that I found after reading several of your posts.

Let me learn more....... Finally, there is a person who gives free English learning.
    Yes you should learn more.. I'm telling you your mistakes because you think your English is correct, and because I want Indonesians to learn more English so they can bring Indonesia forward in the future.

I love grammar and tenses. But I don't like reading and listening, those are annoying.
    That's your problem. Your weakness is in the context of sentences. Go read some English novel ,watch CNN, or watch movies without the subtitle(s).

PC 1 - Vir 2

Quote Originally Posted by VileTooth View Post
    PC 1 - Vir 2
    w00t?
    what's that supposed to mean..!?

The um.. score for each opposing side.

Does it stand for Personal Computer Vs The Virus? =P

*grabs a popcorn and sitback nicely* ^-^

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast