Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
http://idgs.in/38793

Lets make another chatroom then.

2. Hot Ad

Quote Originally Posted by - [bedeviere] - View Post
    good idea, but what if i stretch the topic wider enough that every topic could fit in?
    may be like Improve your english by talking about everything here
    you see, i kind of missing the days of the old lounge to the point i want to bring it back (since now it closed)

oh dude, you should totally check this out! http://forum.indogamers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6
    but sadly, that one is still buggy
    owh that's too bad, i know how it feels...

hey that's a good idea IMPROVE UR ENGLISH BY TALKING ABOUT EVERYTHING

see most people (Indonesian) are too shy to speak english. They are afraid if somehow they misspell a word or a letter. But, by writing in your thread, i think they don't have to feel shy or afraid.

good idea
    ..::Don't CRY because it's over, SMILE because it happened::..

okay, i'll go on and create one

They are shy to speak up because grammar nazis (like OP of this thread) are still lurking and stalking, seeking for whomsoever have grammatical errors at their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Queldorei View Post
    They are shy to speak up because grammar nazis (like OP of this thread) are still lurking and stalking, seeking for whomsoever have grammatical errors at their posts.
    i agree, but i think it's everyone's duty who knows English better to help correcting the wrong grammars, but we should do that in a different way, do not judge them but try to teach them slowly.

okeyh let's move to the new thread created by bedeviere
    ..::Don't CRY because it's over, SMILE because it happened::..

well, it is normal for indonesian people to have errors either in their english speaking or writing
    because our native's language is INDONESIAN not ENGLISH
    even Mr George bush often make mistakes when delivering his speech

Quote Originally Posted by Nq_Speed View Post
    well, it is normal for indonesian people to have errors either in their english speaking or writing
    even Mr George bush often make mistakes when delivering his speech
    Thank you captain obvious.

But using native tongue as a reason for being incompetent in english is no longer applicable in the world we live in now.

Quote Originally Posted by NANODESU View Post
    Thank you captain obvious.

But using native tongue as a reason for being incompetent in english is no longer applicable in the world we live in now.
    How come it is not a REASON?
    it is the fact man and nobody is perfect.
    People from abroad will understand about that, the mature people.
    English is international language not a Global language
    there is a differences between international and Global languange
    Last edited by TPI-NqMorThu; 28-08-14 at 18:51.

I guess what Nanodesu meant is that you have to improve your English in order to improve yourself in this world

How come it is not a REASON?
    it is the fact man and nobody is perfect.
    People from abroad will understand about that, the mature people.
    English is international language not a Global language
    there is a differences between international and Global languange
    There you go. The "nobody's perfect" argument. Usually brought in the end of an argument, preferably by the losing side because they're ready to accept their loss. but we've only just begun.

Yeah, it's not a reason. For me at least. English is NOT the global language per se, but it is the global language by de facto. Just look around you. You can find english being spoken, used, and taught in most if not all country in the world. Still not convinced? How about the fact that nearly every language in the world have borrowed at least a few words from the english language.

To me, in the world we live in now, being able to speak at least a little english is a must. No matter what your native language is. And you absolutely can't use your native language as a reason for not being able to speak english.

There you go. The "nobody's perfect" argument. Usually brought in the end of an argument, preferably by the losing side because they're ready to accept their loss. but we've only just begun.

Yeah, it's not a reason. For me at least. English is NOT the global language per se, but it is the global language by de facto. Just look around you. You can find english being spoken, used, and taught in most if not all country in the world. Still not convinced? How about the fact that nearly every language in the world have borrowed at least a few words from the english language.

To me, in the world we live in now, being able to speak at least a little english is a must. No matter what your native language is. And you absolutely can't use your native language as a reason for not being able to speak english.
    well, i just say the fact sir. Not because i'm loss arguing with you.
    I ask you, the thread start with topic of poor grammar. I argue that we Indonesian people, native language is not English but Bahasa Indonesia. So it is very normal for them to make mistake in grammar right?
    Then you said
    being able to speak at least a little English is a must
    a little English there, mean grammar error occurrence still can be treated as common mistake and should not be debated.
    my reason to argue here is we need to internationalised Bahasa Indonesia, therefore don't get embarrassed when you make mistake as that's make us unique.
    Even Bahasa taught in USA, Australia, Singapore, and many developed country. So what is the reason to be embarrassed by using Indonesian Language?
    Npte: I use -sed because i'm using British English

well, i just say the fact sir. Not because i'm loss arguing with you.
    I ask you, the thread start with topic of poor grammar. I argue that we Indonesian people, native language is not English but Bahasa Indonesia. So it is very normal for them to make mistake in grammar right?
    Then you said
    a little English there, mean grammar error occurrence still can be treated as common mistake and should not be debated.
    my reason to argue here is we need to internationalised Bahasa Indonesia, therefore don't get embarrassed when you make mistake as that's make us unique.
    Even Bahasa taught in USA, Australia, Singapore, and many developed country. So what is the reason to be embarrassed by using Indonesian Language?
    Npte: I use -sed because i'm using British English
    I acknowledge the fact that we're still on the process on arguing and not over I'm sorry if that's pretty uncomfortable. It's just a pet peeve of mine whenever someone said that in an argument because that's like a "get out of jail free" card.

And I do know that Indonesian is the native language for Indonesians. But in your previous post

It feels like you're using that as a reason for conformity. Since one of the main point of OP's post is also a critique against conformity. As implied in this sentence.

No offense though, because I am writing this to encourage all you Indonesians to simply triple-check your grammar when writing/speaking/listening/reading (in) English. And if unsure, please do study some English. The language is the world's #1 International language, how can Indonesia be a developed nation if its people can't even speak English correctly?
    And oh, that particular statement of mine is too emphasize the status of English as a global language. Not to counter your argument on why Indonesians' English are bad. Sorry, it kinda get a little bit mixed up.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789