Thread: Major Lazer

http://idgs.in/763189

Default Major Lazer

MAJOR LAZER

Major Lazer is an American electronic music band composed of record producer Diplo, Jillionaire, and Walshy Fire. It was founded by Diplo and Switch, but Switch left in 2011. Its music spans numerous genres, mixing reggae with dancehall, reggaeton, house, and moombahton.

• Diplo (Thomas Wesley Pent )

Spoiler untuk Biography :

Diplo was born on November 10, 1978 in Tupelo, Mississippi, the son of Barbara Jean (née Cox) and Thomas Pentz. He is of German and English descent. The influence of home-grown rap played a key role in helping shape his production style. He spent the majority of his youth in Miami, where he got a taste for the characteristic Miami bass. He began attending the University of Central Florida in 1997, and then moved to Philadelphia to continue his studies at Temple University, where he first garnered attention as a DJ. After frequently running into fellow DJ Low Budget, the two began throwing parties under the Hooked on Hollertronix moniker in 2003 as a way of maintaining control of what they were able to play during DJ gigs in Philadelphia. The success of these parties allowed the two to release mixtapes, both separate and together, gathering acclaim across the country. One such mixtape, Never Scared, was named one of the New York Times top ten albums of 2003, and the Hollertronix name became synonymous with parties featuring guests like Maluca Mala, Bun B, Spank Rock, M.I.A., among others. Hollertronix's sound has been described as "disparate genres to be smashed together for maximum attention-grabbing impact" an aesthetic which takes from the "organic, cohesive, whole" aesthetic of acts such as Bun B, Lil Jon, Drama, M.I.A., Björk, Busta Rhymes, and others.

Diplo accentuated the club aesthetic of his Hollertronix music for a more reflective sound on his solo debut, Florida, which was released on the Ninja Tune imprint, Big Dada Records. The album Florida was pressed twice, first with a CD and the second with a CD and DVD. The DVD was created by System D-128, another artist who has collaborated with Diplo on some audio and video projects. Before Florida's DVD accompaniment, another DVD surfaced called Diplo: "Banned in Libya" which was released by Money Studies, the first label to release a solo project by Diplo under his original DJ name Diplodocus. It was a 45 rpm record called "Thingamajawn" for which there is also a music video System D-128 directed. Similar to the Florida DVD, "Banned in Libya" is an experimental audio and video mix of some of Diplo's original music blended with a number of other unidentified sources. His particular affinity for one genre of music called baile funk, or favela funk, would spawn a series of mixtapes (Favela on Blast, Favela Strikes Back), which served to bring the Brazilian dance music of the ghettos to the United States.

It was not long before his Hooked on Hollertronix parties would provide him the success necessary to move to the next logical step and build a studio where music would become his full-time focus. With this goal in mind, Diplo built "The Mausoleum," a video studio, recording studio, record label office, gallery, and event space in Philadelphia. Since its inception, The Mausoleum has become the home to recordings by artists like Christina Aguilera, Shakira, M.I.A., Santigold, Spank Rock, Plastic Little, Blaqstarr, Paper Route Gangstaz, and hosted concerts by Glass Candy, Skream, Boys Noize, Nicos Gun, and more.

• Jillionaire (Christopher Leacock)

Jillionaire was born on April 3, 1978 in Port of Spain, Trinidad. With over fifteen years of experience, Jillionaire has created a unique sound which mashes indie dance and big room house with the caribbean rhythms of soca and dancehall. In 2009 Jillionaire stole the show at London’s Notting Hill Carnival with his unique Tropical Bass sound. He went on to tour with Major Lazer across the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands.

In 2010 Jillionaire travelled to the four corners of the world, kicking off the year at New Zealand's WOMAD Festival, followed by gigs across the UK and Europe. He coordinated Chicken n Beer (now in its second successful year), the first ever Tropical Bass party at Winter Music Conference/ Miami Music Week, and his No Shirt, No Shoes tour capped off a hectic yet successful year. He has released a number of remixes and original tracks, honing his skills alongside production partners Richie Beretta (NYC) and Fellow (Amsterdam).

World Domination continued throughout 2012, with an Australia/ New Zealand Winter Tour including peformances at the Queenstown Winter Festival and a Canada Summer Tour including a memorable performance at Toronto’s CARIBANA. Additionally, Jillionaire curated the first ever Mad Decent Tropical Tent @ Camp Bisco X, featuring performances from moombahton masters Nadastrom and Dillon Francis. Other highlights included a successful UK/ Europe tour in partnership with Muck Agency, and riveting performances with Major Lazer in Seoul, South Korea and Sao Paulo, Brasil.

In 2012, “The Only Way Is Up” as he prepares to launch Feel Up Recordings, a new home for Tropical Bass and related dance music, delivering releases from a number of collaborators he has worked with over the last year and a half, stretching from Japan to the Netherlands and beyond. He’s a corespondent for a number of blogs including Mad Decent and Okayplayer's Large Up and has appeared on Making Tracks, a documentary by National Geographic Music.

• Walshy Fire (Leighton Walsh)
      Walsh was born and raised in Carol City, Florida in a Chinese-Jamaican family. He attended North Miami Beach High School. Highly renowned and respected throughout the Caribbean music universe as a double-threat MC and selector for Miami’s Grammy winning Black Chiney Sound System, Walshy is the master of ceremonies for genre-bending dancehall carnival, Major Lazer, touring alongside Diplo &The Jillionaire. Originally from Jamaica, Walshy had the #1 show in Miami radio for ten years running. As an MC he toured for 8 years with the trailblazing Black Chiney sound system cited as a significant influence on the evolution of Major Lazer with its “mash ups” that blended hip hop or R&B rhythms with reggae artist vocal tracks. Mix tapes that Black Chiney sound developed were the training ground for Walshy to become a sought-after remix producer and advocate for some of music’s lesser known artists, giving them a platform to be introduced to a wider audience. He’s released dozens of innovative mix compilations, remixes of songs and single-artist mixes for artists like Chronixx whose Walshy Fire Presents: Start A Fire mix has surpassed 1 million plays. Since 2012 Walshy has toured with Major Lazer performing on some of the world’s most prestigious stages and contributing on the production of the most recent two Major Lazer albums: FREE THE UNIVERSE and PEACE IS THE MISSION. Maintaining a vigorous schedule as a solo DJ when not on tour or in production with Major Lazer, Walshy originated the concept “Future Dancehall” with its roots in Jamaica’s sound system culture and the touchstone for the Walshy Fire Presents record label.

2. Hot Ad
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to -Ang For This Useful Post:

Default Lean On

• Major Lazer & DJ Snake - Lean On (feat. MØ)

Spoiler untuk Video :

Spoiler untuk Lyrics :

Code:
    Do you recall, not long ago We would walk on the sidewalk? Innocent, remember? All we did was care for each other But the night was warm We were bold and young All around, the wind blows We would only hold on to let go Blow a kiss, fire a gun We need someone to lean on Blow a kiss, fire a gun All we need is somebody to lean on Blow a kiss, fire a gun We need someone to lean on Blow a kiss, fire a gun All we need is somebody to lean on What will we do when we get old? Will we walk down the same road? Will you be there by my side? Standing strong as the waves roll over But the nights are long Longing for you to come home All around the wind blows We would only hold on to let go All we need is somebody to lean on (We need someone to lean on) All we need is somebody to lean on Lean on, lean on, lean on, lean on... Hey, hey, hey, hey Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey...
    Last edited by -Ang; 01-10-16 at 07:35.

Default Cold Water

• Major Lazer - Cold Water (feat. Justin Bieber & MØ)

Spoiler untuk Video :

Spoiler untuk Lyrics :

Code:
    Everybody gets high sometimes, you know
    What else can we do when we're feeling low?
    So take a deep breath and let it go
    You shouldn't be drowning on your own

And if you feel you're sinking,
    I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you
    And although time may take us into different places
    I will still be patient with you
    And I hope you know

I won't let go
    I'll be your lifeline tonight
    I won't let go

Cause we all get lost sometimes, you know?
    It's how we learn and how we grow
    And I wanna lay with you 'til I'm old
    You shouldn't be fighting on your own

And if you feel you're sinking,
    I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you
    And although time may take us into different places
    I will still be patient with you
    And I hope you know

I won't let go (I won't let go, no, no, no, no, no, no)
    I won't let go

Come on, come on
    Save me from my rocking boat
    I just want to stay afloat
    I'm all alone
    And I hope, I hope
    Someone's gonna take me home
    Somewhere I can rest my soul
    I need to know

You won't let go (I won't let go, no, no, no, no, no, no)
    You won't let go

I won't let go
    I won't let go

Default Major Lazer – Light it Up (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG)

Major Lazer – Light it Up (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG)

Spoiler untuk Video :

Spoiler untuk Lyrics :

Code:
    Stand up like a solider baby Yeah, I know you built like that Gun it like a holster baby Show dem say you wicked like that We live where the war is raging Chasing our crazy dreams Hoping that the bridge won't cave in Tonight we let it all go free Gimme the ting and make me rock in a dance Gimme the ting and make me rock in a dance Mash it up, hot step in a dance Gimme the ting and make me rock, rock, rock, rock Gimme the ting and make me rock in a dance Gimme the ting and make me rock in a dance Mash it up, hot step in a dance Gimme the ting and make me Light it up Light it up Light it up (Light it up, light it up) Show them you're flames to the fire It's written like your name on a flyer They wanna tame your desire But you light it up now your aims getting higher I dey wait for messiah But until that day I'm a rise up high I put my light in the air I wanna see everywhere 1 by 1 let me see you 2 by 2 for the sequel 3 by 3 for my people (I know say I'm bound to be next like my neighbour, ye) 1 by 1 let me see you 2 by 2 for the sequel 3 by 3 for my people (1, 2, 3, everybody go!) Light it up Light it up, light it up Light it up (Light it up) 1 by 1 let me see you 2 by 2 for the sequel 3 by 3 for my people (I know say I'm bound to be next like my neighbour, yeah) 1 by 1 let me see you 2 by 2 for the sequel 3 by 3 for my people Set it, set it, set it, set it, set it... ablaze Set it ablaze like a candle wick Hotter hotter hotter hotter Yeah light it up

Default Major Lazer - All My Love (feat. Ariana Grande & Machel Montano) (Remix)

Major Lazer - All My Love (feat. Ariana Grande & Machel Montano) (Remix)

Spoiler untuk Video :

Spoiler untuk Lyrics :
    Code:
    All I want yeah, only love yeah, all I say yeah All I want yeah, only love yeah, yo Major Lazer Hey DJ, bust a tune and then pull it up If your cup's empty, fill it up Spend more love, cause we can't get enough Baby girl, just stop whining it up If the party a nice then we a go Just drop to the bass and the piano We'll fly to vacation in Key Largo Listen to the scenario We doing it larger than life, larger than life Spread love and then let it fly, raise the levels, higher than high, yeah And put your hands in the sky, hands in the sky Major Lazer intensify, raise the levels higher than high, yeah, so stop, turn it up Only love will make us ache (turn it up) Only love is worth the chase (let's turn it up) All my love, I know we're waiting for this On the rocks up on the mountain top Turn it up and show them, show them, all my love Turn it up and show them, show them, all my love Turn it up and show them, show them, all my love Turn it up and show them, show them, up on the mountain top Ariana let's go All the rhythms in my heart lift me up and say We're just a mess of broken people but we love the game I would do anything for us, it's worth the pain All the rhythms in my heart lift me up and say Only love will make us ache (turn it up) Only love is worth the chase (let's turn it up) All my love, I know we're waiting for this On the rocks up on the mountain tops Turn it up and show them, show them, all my love Turn it up and show them, show them, all my love Turn it up and show them, show them, all my love Turn it up and show them, show them, up on the mountain top All my love All my love All my love Up on the mountain top You're always on my mind, oh, there'll come a day Day where we can fly, reach the glory haze, oh, hey High up in the sun in the brightest sky Sun in the brightest sky Only love will make us ache (turn it up) Only love is worth the chase (let's turn it up) All my love, I know we're waiting for this On the rocks up on the mountain tops My love is larger than life, larger than life, all my love Is larger than life, larger than life, all my love Larger than life, larger than life, all my love Is larger than life, larger than life, up on the mountain top All my love All my love All my love Up on the mountain top

Default Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (Major Lazer Remix feat. Nyla & Kranium)

Spoiler untuk Lyrics :

The club isn't the best place to find a lover
    So the bar is where I go
    Me and my friends at the table doing shots
    Drinking fast and then we talk slow
    Come over and start up a conversation with just me
    And trust me I'll give it a chance now
    Take my hand, stop, put Van the Man on the jukebox
    And then we start to dance, and now I'm singing like

Girl, you know I want your love
    Your love was handmade for somebody like me
    Come on now, follow my lead
    I may be crazy, don't mind me
    Say, boy, let's not talk too much
    Grab on my waist and put that body on me
    Come, come on now, follow my lead

I'm in love with the shape of you
    We push and pull like a magnet do
    Although my heart is falling too
    I'm in love with your body
    And last night you were in my room
    And now my bedsheets smell like you
    Every day discovering something brand new
    Oh—I—oh—I—oh—I—oh—I
    Oh—I—oh—I—oh—I—oh—I
    Oh—I—oh—I—oh—I—oh—I

One week in we let the story begin
    We're going out on our first date
    You and me are thrifty, so go all you can eat
    Fill up your bag and I fill up a plate
    We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour
    And how your family is doing okay
    Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
    Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like

Girl, you know I want your love
    Your love was handmade for somebody like me
    I may be crazy, don't mind me
    Say, boy, let's not talk too much
    Grab on my waist and put that body on me
    Come, come on now, follow my lead

And last night you were in my room
    Oh—I—oh—I—oh—I—oh—I
    Oh—I—oh—I—oh—I—oh—I
    Oh—I—oh—I—oh—I—oh—I

Come on, be my baby, come on

Last night you were in my room

Default Major Lazer - Run Up (feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj)

Spoiler untuk Lyrics :

Barbie

Yeah
    They thought that you was a shy girl
    Until I made you my girl
    Girl you pushed me like a big button
    'Til I cuffed you like you did somethin'
    You ain't gotta wait for it
    You ain't gotta wait for me to give you my love
    You ain't gotta wait for it
    Things are gettin' sticky, girl I think that I'm stuck

I'll admit I'm wrong when I know that you gon' come for me