Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
http://idgs.in/116347

Institut Sains Terapan dan TeknoLogi Surabaya..
    foRmerLy STTS, SekoLah Tinggi Teknik Surabaya..
    it's a private coLLege..

2. Hot Ad

Note that college is different from university or institute.
    The US government defines college: An institution of
    higher learning that offers undergraduate programs, usually of a
    four-year duration, that lead to the bachelor's degree in the arts or
    sciences (B.A. or B.S.). The term "college" is also used in a general
    sense to refer to a postsecondary institution. A college may also be a
    part of the organizational structure of a university."

University is defined as: "University: An educational institution that
    usually maintains one or more four-year undergraduate colleges (or
    schools) with programs leading to a bachelor's degree, a graduate
    school of arts and sciences awarding master's degrees and doctorates
    (Ph.D.s), and graduate professional schools."
    We can say that college is a stand-alone faculty.

In short,
    University = Universitas
    Institute = Insititut
    College = Sekolah Tinggi

Therefore, your former college is now an institute as they don't use the term "Sekolah Tinggi" anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CaLLizeR View Post
    @je_smirnov
    I've become a premium member long before the requirements to be a premium member is "minimum 200 post".

@masteroogway
    Keep in mind that "an" is for words that is pronounced vocally, not written.
    E.g : An apple , An umbrella

University is pronounced "yuniversity" , thus we don't say "an university" but "a university"

Institute only have one major subjects, such as Institute of Technology. ITB has many different faculties, but it is all engineering ( exclude FMIPA )
    University has faculties that is different from field of studies;such as UI has Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Economy, Faculty of Psychology, Faculty of Engineering, etc.
    Oh, yes. I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding..

And, fyi, ITB has got a design faculty ( fakultas seni rupa dan design) and sbm ( sekolah bisnis dan manajemen). Does that make it a university?

@callizer : You sure know a lot, dont you? Where do you study?

You are logically correct, but FSRD and SBM are quite new to ITB. Maybe this is the time of transition, we will see in the future whether ITB change its name or not. Currently, it is still an institute as the name says it all.

As I said before, I studied at UI.

You have graduated? What major?

hii, I'm still studying in UPH (Universitas Pelita Harapan) in major industrial engineering

Hi there,
    Now I'm studying at Bina Nusantar University (Binus) Jakarta, I just move from MDP two years ago.
    MDP is some college that's for computer major.. it can be know from STMIK MDP (Sekolah Tinggi M.. Ilmu Komputer) I don't know what M is.. hehe
    Why i can move fromPalembang because i forced to studying at that college(MDP), first my parents want me to continue my study after senior high school at Taiwan.. But i don't want it.. I want a free life.. not in some dormitory..
    And then i move to Binus.. now i feel free here.. i can do what i want to do.. but still don't escape from my task to study..

sorry for my bad english..

Hi I'm manong (people refer me to that name, they forget my real name already and so do I ;P) Currently I work at an Australian company based in Jakarta .. what else? I'm not really good in writing. I know I shouldn't skip grammar lesson years ago.. well, Mainly I deal with complains from the customers. Pretty much Quite a stressing job I might say, people mad at me for something that I didn't do. They often start the conversation with the word "F".. LOL

Hi people

I'm currently studying in BiNus University, Graphic Design Department. I graduated from Tri Ratna Senior High School, I believe not many or none of you recognizes this name. And I used to learn english at a local english course, but I quit because of College's call.

What can I say bout my college life? of course living as a graphic design student will rob most of your time. Because you have to draw so many designs yourself and trust me, designing a good graphic is not easy and usually cannot be completed at a short time. So yeah, most of my time is about drawing and stuff. Although I have enough leisure time to keep myself sane.

Guess that's all I can tell you...

“The planet is fine. The people are fucked.”
    ― George Carlin ―

Hi,
    First, Let me just introduce myself.. My name is Chirag (Indian Nationality) and I am currently applied to ICAT University in Bandung.. I graduated from Temasek International School and currently I am taking Multimedia Design (Semester 1)

So, more about my college life... Well to me it doesn't seem like college that much, like you should meet different people with different hopes. It's more of like a learning center where you learn, you do your assignments and that's the end of it.. But the assignments are tough sometimes cause you are in Multimedia and what you have to do there is please the customers in this case is your Teacher/Adviser or Professor.

But I really think the course I've taken is not the right choice, see I like writing stories and some people say I can talk to people without having much trouble (it's like i can react to them) so maybe I could be more attracted to public than more of design. But I don't know where my college life is heading. I somehow have a liking for photography but I cannot be sentenced as a great designer as well..

So yeah, there's my college life... Any of you reading my post I would love some advice on what should I do next, Should I move out and take something I really like?? Or just continue this course...
    Thanks
    ~Loz† In Fai†h~

Well, I'm not a college student, Im working as a steward @ cruise line in US. . .my name is dion and I am 24 years old, it's nice to know u all here guys ^_^

well, I;m studying in padjadjaran university english department and I take english literature

@cruzzer
    Some Indian friends of mine have a really strange accent. What is yours?
    I have a friend in ICAT, she is taking Fashion Design and she is also in the first term. She's happy with her choice and I hope she will be successful.
    That is what you have to do : You need to be happy with your choice to be successful. Multimedia design or any designing majors are not excluded, these majors even need an extreme love to be done well.
    If you don't mind, may I know your reason that you chose Multimedia Design?

well,I'm studying at a school in Permai, North Of Jakarta ..

i am third grade junior high school..

i need to practice my english more

Quote Originally Posted by CaLLizeR View Post
    @cruzzer
    Some Indian friends of mine have a really strange accent. What is yours?
    I have a friend in ICAT, she is taking Fashion Design and she is also in the first term. She's happy with her choice and I hope she will be successful.
    That is what you have to do : You need to be happy with your choice to be successful. Multimedia design or any designing majors are not excluded, these majors even need an extreme love to be done well.
    If you don't mind, may I know your reason that you chose Multimedia Design?
    Hi Callizer, first of all... I'm not those type of Indians who have a strange accent... hahaha, I speak normal English without having difficulty of slangs,
    And what is your friend's name maybe i know her..
    Well the reason i chose Multimedia design was because i was kinda of Intrested in Logo making and Typhography during my Summer Holidays and i really got into it, and well the second reason is I was in a rush to choose what course and which college, unknowing of the consequences I decided to join ICAT and for now It's Ok, I am about to finish my First Semester...
    But for now, I like writing and I somehow would like to pursue in Logo designing...
    I'd rather read a Computer Arts Magazine than a 400-page Storybook, I'm really confused now @_@
    ~Loz† In Fai†h~

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast