Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
http://idgs.in/150123

Default Anybody here VERY interested in Writing (English)?

I'm seriously thinking of becoming a writer. I wanna be an author but realistically, magazines and newspaper will do fine too. If there are anybody who writes English well out there, any advice? I really can't find any inspiration and I'm in my sleepless state where I haven't slept for like, say... 24 hours? I guess so

2. Hot Ad

you've got the same objectives like i do.
    have you ever tried to write a story?

try to make a fairy tale first.. i think that the easiest one, because you only use simple word or children won't understand.. then try harder one, like write an essay???

try to make a fairy tale first.. i think that the easiest one, because you only use simple word or children won't understand.. then try harder one, like write an essay???
    A fairy tale is much-much harder to write even for a newbie. The vocabulary used in a fairy tale is rather 'strange' compared to the 'recount' one. Try write a recount instead of that. It is the easiest to write due to its familiar vocabulary.

But really,

An essay, eh?

I believe making an essay is not that simple. You have to plan the essay in a process such as write the main idea, development of the essay, and so on.

To make an essay, you have to understand 'knowledge of the background'. What I mean by this 'knowledge of the background' is the way you understand things that you want to write on (well, you 'do' want to be a realistic one, don't you?). Obviously, by deciding the subject, you will surely get to write what you want to express.

For example, you want to write about "How to coloring in photoshop". Surely in this kind of topic, common people should know the terms by "magic wand", "layers", etc. By building a bunch of terms, you can organize the writing in such-a-state which will eventually leads, into a good writing.

It doesn't have to be long-long paragraphs. What you have to do is to put the terms in your sentences. Of course, that is after you can decide the main idea, putting the Orientation and the Conclusion at the first and the end of the writing.

Finally, try to write as much as you can. It doesn't matter if it turns into a black-English-writing. Asking people is a good way to improve your written English.

A fairy tale is much-much harder to write even for a newbie. The vocabulary used in a fairy tale is rather 'strange' compared to the 'recount' one. Try write a recount instead of that. It is the easiest to write due to its familiar vocabulary.
    hmm, is that possible?? We should use easy word or common word that will be understood by the kids, is that wrong??? Have you watched "bedtime stories"?? There was a moment that Adam Sandler used complicated word that I even didn't understand what it mean.. Anyways, thank for commenting my argument, hohohoho

hmm, is that possible?? We should use easy word or common word that will be understood by the kids, is that wrong??? Have you watched "bedtime stories"?? There was a moment that Adam Sandler used complicated word that I even didn't understand what it mean.. Anyways, thank for commenting my argument, hohohoho
    Yep. We really should use simple word which can be understood by kids. However, we have to develop more expression as we write more. And sometimes, We don't understand what kind of meaning does the writer use in a writing. Thus, this resulting in misunderstanding or ambigue sentences. Sometimes I wonder about what have I written in my essay class too >_<.

P.S.> I've never watch the "Bedtime stories".

Quote Originally Posted by AzerArcacia View Post
    Yep. We really should use simple word which can be understood by kids. However, we have to develop more expression as we write more. And sometimes, We don't understand what kind of meaning does the writer use in a writing. Thus, this resulting in misunderstanding or ambigue sentences. Sometimes I wonder about what have I written in my essay class too >_<.

P.S.> I've never watch the "Bedtime stories".
    oooww, I see, hahaha.. I must learn more about writing in english, i think.. Thanks for you opinion

P.S> I think "Bedtime Stories" is a quite good movie, you should watch it before it disappear from cinema XXI ^^

I think fairy tales are much harder. They must be totally creative. Fairy tales must have very easily likeable characters and must be able to show expressions in writing (considering the fact you can't use higher up vocabularies. So instead of saying 'terrorized', you say something like 'did bad things to' -_-a). I can't make a story that's of the calibre of Snow White (which is a great fairy tale for kids).

Lately I'm very short of inspiration. Every time I write a story, I just write 1 chapter, and don't know what happens next. I had one running story one day, but then I realized it sucked, so I canceled it. Next, I had another story, exciting 1st chapter I think but I don't know what'll happen next. Next up it's a story without plot, seriously, I just built up the tension since the 1st chapter, flipping through 1st person and 3rd person continually. I realized it was utter crap. Then I move on to the least worst writing I have that's about a writer having a writer's block and going inside his mind looking for inspiration, popping through weird places. If I'm given a fantastic plot, I can write it, if I don't have the plot, I rot. As simple as that. Then I started to think whether or not I have the potential. Finding decent plots suck.

Writing an essay will require the writer to have in-depth knowledge of the subject at hand. A narrative is much simpler in my opinion

Default I think this is the basic knowledge if you really want to make story

well...
    in case if you haven't notice but all the stories have the same kind of pattern
    - begin
    - middle
    - end

begin
    this is introduction section where you can usually introduce your character his/her name, where he/she lives or who will he/she interact (another character) etc and what problem does he/she have.

middle
    this is the section where your character have to through all many kind of trouble to get what he/she wants or to solve their problems. this is section called proses section.

end
    this section called conclusion section where your character get what he/she wants or not or he/she can solve their problem or not (if "not" it would be a bad ending ha ha )

so...
    all you have to do if you want to make stories you have to separate these three part
    try make a story based on this section and keep practicing.

to be continue...
    Last edited by SenichiSaga; 13-01-09 at 00:27.

Well, I wrote some fanfics about Pokemon in an international forum ... the only problem is my vocabulary's just that limited. So, sometimes I stop writing just because I don't know what's the english word :x

The first thing you'd want to make to write a story is maybe the plot. With the plot, you can express your imaginations easily

And don't be afraid to ask for constructive criticisms / suggestions =p

Quote Originally Posted by SenichiSaga View Post
    well...
    in case if you haven't notice but all the stories have the same kind of pattern
    - begin
    - middle
    - end

begin
    this is introduction section where you can usually introduce your character his/her name, where he/she lives or who will he/she interact (another character) etc and what problem does he/she have.

middle
    this is the section where your character have to through all many kind of trouble to get what he/she wants or to solve their problems. this is section called proses section.

end
    this section called conclusion section where your character get what he/she wants or not or he/she can solve their problem or not (if "not" it would be a bad ending ha ha )

so...
    all you have to do if you want to make stories you have to separate these three part
    try make a story based on this section and keep practicing.

to be continue...
    Isn't that simple

No plot = no story
    no story = nothing
    nothing = nihilism
    nihilism = void
    void = desolation

I can do that simple 3 part thing. The only problem is my plot. I have no plot. None whatsoever. Moreover, I can't seem to find one. Not even an inspiration. I've been writing more on my views (more like argumentative essays or magazine articles which aren't really my objectives) than stories. I'm really confused where I'm supposed to go now. Write or some other stuff? The only talent I've got is probably writing (sports aside).

I can build something up (rising action) and make it explode right in your face (climax) but I've got no story (plot) and some times I get too long-winded in the beginning (introduction). The ending is also related to the story so it's blank as well. Sometimes I get sort of depressed thinking about this and it's closing in on the 2 or 3 month anniversary of my plotlessness

@volcanflame - if you're that limited on vocab, you can just ask here for help. I suppose I - and a bunch of other people too - know a lot of good vocabularies so feel free to ask anyone here

P.S - would some of you be interested in reading and criticizing one of my earlier works (around a year ago when my writing was a bit worse)? My skills have improved this year but I've no plot.

Quote Originally Posted by reb3llist View Post

P.S - would some of you be interested in reading and criticizing one of my earlier works (around a year ago when my writing was a bit worse)? My skills have improved this year but I've no plot.
    yes definitely...
    i was just curious about you finding so hard to make a plot...
    i might learn some lesson from your story... ha ha..
    lets learn together kay...
    Last edited by SenichiSaga; 17-01-09 at 23:51.

Quote Originally Posted by reb3llist View Post
    I'm seriously thinking of becoming a writer. I wanna be an author but realistically, magazines and newspaper will do fine too. If there are anybody who writes English well out there, any advice? I really can't find any inspiration and I'm in my sleepless state where I haven't slept for like, say... 24 hours? I guess so
    You want to be an author? Do you have education background in writing?

Quote Originally Posted by reb3llist
    @volcanflame - if you're that limited on vocab, you can just ask here for help. I suppose I - and a bunch of other people too - know a lot of good vocabularies so feel free to ask anyone here
    Why thank you

Well, I usually end up changing the story, though @_@

I`m interested in Reading so I `m definetly will love writing.

How about write your life story? i think it more easier than write a fairy tale. It would be interesting to read.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast