Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
http://idgs.in/150123

You speak 4 languages (Java, Indo, Eng, Jap)? Wow, damn that's a lot. I really struggle when it comes to Chinese (mandarin) -_-

I wonder how some people can just memorize those characters right off the bat while I forget it in a day. Those people must be really really good in memorizing. I hate memorizing, I suck at it.

I also understand you reb3llist...
    you used to surf at international forum. so its kind of tickling your mind whenever there are some miss grammar or some wrong tenses ha ha... ^^

however its fine with me though about his writing style.
    actually, in IDGS, I don't really go to any specific forum. I used to go to general discussions, then went to World Editor Land (back then I wanted to be a programmer -_-") and played around, never got motivated enough to do a real map. Then I retired for a while and went to FMFormation.net to discuss FM08 stuff but then I started not going to forums anymore until I went back to FMF for a while and joined the About Nothing forums because my FM09 needs serial key and you know, that (bajakan and stuff) prevented me from getting one. I wasted 50 000 for wasting my time to install something for 1 useless hour actually. And retried it for another hour. Didn't work, gave up, went back to FM08.

Then I found out that IDGS had an international forum (ENGLISH WHEEEEE) and I immediately joined it. I'm glad I actually made this topic here.

I'm a bit too sensitive about English although it's my second language. For example, I'm always writing in capitals and stuff where necessary. My accent sucks in contrast to my writing. Weird.

I think my lust for near-perfect English actually came from me playing games. Seriously.

I played games enthusiastically just like any other boy would. I bought lots of games and most were English, the Japanese ones, are well, Japanese. So what do I do with them? I just leave them. Anyway, I actually pay attention to those English words and started developing interest in English after watching stuff (movies, cartoons) and playing (games) in English. Then I started picking up books. Mostly short stories until I finally read the hilarious jPod which then inspired me to like books. Without jPod I wouldn't even be here I think.

It isn't your fault to have poor grammar. In some private (swasta) schools that use English as their primary language, even some kids fail to use near-perfect grammar, structure, etc and sometimes they can even write totally wrong structures. I guess some people have it and some people don't (the feeling), that is, until you get used to it. The flair for writing isn't so rare because I think everyone can write well.

P.S you want me to help you on your next chapter? It's been a while since I've written something totally serious

I also like that style of writing. If you can, try searching for Fate/Stay Night by Type-Moon. Or Tsukihime or any other graphic novel. Search for their translations in mirror-moon (Google it). Their English is pretty good actually and they improved my skills in writing in 1st person.
    Last edited by reb3llist; 03-02-09 at 23:00.

2. Hot Ad

I'm thinking of writing a Valentine's story for a while but I don't know the plot. I have a faint idea but I don't have the climax. I don't want it to be too corny or cliched.

http://www.kitaupload.com/download.p...valentines.txt

You speak 4 languages (Java, Indo, Eng, Jap)? Wow, damn that's a lot. I really struggle when it comes to Chinese (mandarin) -_-

I wonder how some people can just memorize those characters right off the bat while I forget it in a day. Those people must be really really good in memorizing. I hate memorizing, I suck at it.
    Definitely not mandarin. ==a PinYin is much harder than Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana. Although the meaning between Kanji and PinYin is the same, they pronounced differently.

For example, I'm always writing in capitals and stuff where necessary.
    Ugh...sounds like my tutor in campus (Well duh, but incomplete sentence like this would be considered as a mistake, right?)

P.S you want me to help you on your next chapter? It's been a while since I've written something totally serious
    That'd be great! There's nothing wrong from taking a help <3

I also like that style of writing. If you can, try searching for Fate/Stay Night by Type-Moon. Or Tsukihime or any other graphic novel. Search for their translations in mirror-moon (Google it). Their English is pretty good actually and they improved my skills in writing in 1st person.
    Actually, I have FSN. And I've read it. I also have Utawarerumono. (which both of them were from my friend) Nowadays, I really enjoy reading light novels. (still, all of them are Japanese novel) I guess I lack of reading English one :3.

I'm thinking of writing a Valentine's story for a while but I don't know the plot. I have a faint idea but I don't have the climax. I don't want it to be too corny or cliched.
    OOkay. Here's a (bunch of) question. (Sorry if I might offend you in the process.)

1. How old is "I"? I know he is a child.

As a child, I've always wondered, if someone is sad, would it really rain?
    2. What kind of shop is it? You can develop a plot from this place too.

Among the shops, I recognized the shop that I called home.
    3. Again, how old is she? Is she the same age as "I"? If this is the case, it might turns to they-actually-living-nearby-but-never-meet-due-to-certain-reason path. It could also lead to taking-the-girl-into-his-live path.

4. Why did she cry? Did someone dump her? Or because of another reason (e.g. involving her family like someone that she loves so much is already dead.)

The girl, looking up at the sky with tears flowing and rainwater flowing over her face as well, started crying again and covered her face facing towards the ground with her hands while she wept.
    5. And...why would the girl accept the offer of the boy-that-she-just-passed-by-and-totally-a-stranger?

I said to her in a kind voice. I started to pull her arm slowly and steadily so that she could resist if she didn't want to but she followed me.
    6. Finally, a personal question-

What will you do if you were given such a situation? (That's how I develop my plot.)
    Last edited by AzerArcacia; 05-02-09 at 07:54. Reason: forgot to quote'em

"heheh"

this is interesting...
    Last edited by SenichiSaga; 05-02-09 at 14:30.

Haha thanks AzerArcia

ok I'll try:

1. How old is "I"? I know he is a child.
    *: I is still undecided for me, see my weakness here? No plot. I suppose "I" is around 13 - 15 years old at that time because that was 2 years ago (well I didn't tell the readers anyway, I would've written '2 years later' in the next chapter but that's the prolouge).

2. What kind of shop is it? You can develop a plot from this place too.
    *:Ohoho wrong quotes xD. Ermm I can't go too long into the shops because it's not integral to the plot at all. Ermm let's see, if I spend time writing unnecessary stuff it'll just bore you. Personally, I don't like part I of White Fang, it's too descriptive and unneeded

3. Again, how old is she? Is she the same age as "I"? If this is the case, it might turns to they-actually-living-nearby-but-never-meet-due-to-certain-reason path. It could also lead to taking-the-girl-into-his-live path.
    *: That's a I-wanna-know-now question that I would've answered at chapter 1 but I'm too uninspired to find a plot

4. Why did she cry? Did someone dump her? Or because of another reason (e.g. involving her family like someone that she loves so much is already dead.)
    *: Yeah that's also pretty much the point of books that keep you very interested in something but unfortunately I dunno why she's crying, I just think it's kinda sad if you see 'em. I'll probably find something

5. And...why would the girl accept the offer of the boy-that-she-just-passed-by-and-totally-a-stranger?
    *: She's vulnerable I guess. Well he's a nice guy anyway. In a depressed and sad state you'd be really vulnerable (see REC if you want, maybe that's just anime's world but I dunno I guess it could happen).

6. Finally, a personal question-

What will you do if you were given such a situation? (That's how I develop my plot.)

*: Yeah me too. The story isn't beyond the realms of possibility as far as I know. The girl is so charmingly beautiful that you are suddenly driven to go meet her.

Most of the mysteries are usually covered in the next few chapters.

Uhh, let's see what else..

Oh yeah, actually, in 1st-person-writing, I am influenced by animes as well :P. Especially Honey & Clover and FSN (game). When a sad plot is given, I try to play H&C songs in my mind (or my laptop) and write with a feeling like Takemoto. Actually, "I" was based on Takemoto. FSN is my inspiration for first-person writing in present tense. I tend to follow its style. I find that your style is similar to FSN's but it's a bit too short compared to it. I enjoy reading the English subs because I like English and can't read Japanese

Is Japanese easier than Chinese? I would actually prefer trying Japanese but they say it's for the greater good that I learn Chinese to death although I forget everything about Chinese (other than History, which is great) the next day. Meh Chinese
    かわした約束忘れないよ 目を閉じ確かめる 押し寄せた闇 振り払って進むよ

Haha thanks AzerArcia
    ==a that's AzerArcacia.

I is still undecided for me, see my weakness here? No plot. I suppose "I" is around 13 - 15 years old at that time because that was 2 years ago (well I didn't tell the readers anyway, I would've written '2 years later' in the next chapter but that's the prolouge).
    No way! A 13-15-year-old-boy? I thought he was 17. Might as well go to the daily school life.

Ohoho wrong quotes xD. Ermm I can't go too long into the shops because it's not integral to the plot at all. Ermm let's see, if I spend time writing unnecessary stuff it'll just bore you. Personally, I don't like part I of White Fang, it's too descriptive and unneeded
    True...when I show someone your first writing. He just said, "He explains this much just for the situation? Great, now I'm bored." (no offense though. He just trying to be honest.)

That's a I-wanna-know-now question that I would've answered at chapter 1 but I'm too uninspired to find a plot
    Try write something in the morning after you get up. You may take from your daily life or your friend's. (I found this method is useful when I stuck in plot.)

She's vulnerable I guess. Well he's a nice guy anyway. In a depressed and sad state you'd be really vulnerable (see REC if you want, maybe that's just anime's world but I dunno I guess it could happen).
    A-ha! Now I know one truth about her personality. (But not sure about it though)

Yeah me too. The story isn't beyond the realms of possibility as far as I know. The girl is so charmingly beautiful that you are suddenly driven to go meet her.
    Is your genre can be considered as "Love story"? Well, in my case, it's not just an ordinary love story. There'll be some supranatural things.

Oh yeah, actually, in 1st-person-writing, I am influenced by animes as well :P. Especially Honey & Clover and FSN (game). When a sad plot is given, I try to play H&C songs in my mind (or my laptop) and write with a feeling like Takemoto. Actually, "I" was based on Takemoto. FSN is my inspiration for first-person writing in present tense. I tend to follow its style. I find that your style is similar to FSN's but it's a bit too short compared to it. I enjoy reading the English subs because I like English and can't read Japanese
    It's more like I am influenced by Nagaru Tanigawa (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Gakko wo deyou) especially parts of them usually show about main character's feeling. (Be it important or not)

Is Japanese easier than Chinese? I would actually prefer trying Japanese but they say it's for the greater good that I learn Chinese to death although I forget everything about Chinese (other than History, which is great) the next day. Meh Chinese
    Actually, Chinese is easier. The grammar is just as hard as English in Japanese.

Sigh Chinese, I'm hopeless

Yeah when I'm being descriptive, I'm too descriptive. I've got part of the 1st chapter though:

Spoiler untuk Chapter 1 :
    ============================

Chapter I - ?
    Subtitle - ?

============================

That was 2 years ago, when I first met her in a day of pouring rain and an air of sorrow. I remember it so clearly to this day. Sometimes I could dream these sort of dreams. I wonder why.

As I saw the events of the past unfold right in front of my eyes all over again, I tried to get closer but I couldn't, I knew what was happening. This is a dream, I've seen it before. Yes numerous times before. The dream of a boy with an umbrella offering the crying girl on the ground an umbrella and offered to

take her to shelter. Maybe it sounds sweet but I don't know, it was just a spur of the moment thing, I couldn't help myself. It was as if I was driven by this invisible force to help her, as if God wished it to be so. I see them off as the pouring rain kept falling down ferociously.

As the boy slowly closed the door, he looked at me for a while, widening his eyes. I gazed

at him as well. I could feel the awfully realistic rain on my whole body. Maybe my dreams are too real for me. Just then, I heard a ring from behind me. I looked back to find myself sleeping on a bed and that was it. I woke up.

------------

I awake to a series of alarm rings and bathroom events, such as brushing my teeth, having a shower, sleeping, washing my face and also, sleeping in the toilet. Yes I sleep in the toilet sometimes, a funny thing isn't it?

After the ferocious tempo of the bathroom events, I change my clothes and head downstairs to the table. The house is empty. "I guess I woke up late again," I mumble to myself. I sleepily look at the clock and see the time. "ah, it's 7... hmm... mmmm." I mumble again.

Suddenly, a moment of silence and realization. What time is it again? Uhh.. I can't get it straight. "So this is 7AM..", so what? I don't know what's so stressing about 7AM. I yawn and eat my breakfast leisurely, taking my time. I look up again and find that it's 7.30AM. Ah well, time to go to school.

I grab my bag and hurry out of the house. Ah the sun is already shining, it's so bright. It's too bright, "Aaah my eyes," I grumble,"meh gotta go to school."

On my way to school, I've come up with many conclusions. The sun is too bright, thus this must be around 7AM. The streets are a bit too lonesome for a morning of school, maybe something's up. Then I finally come to the final conclusion. "Oh sh--" Yes I'm late.

I run towards school while yelling the word **** repeatedly. Repetitious but useful for expressing yourself. My heavy bag doesn't hinder me from running like hell to school.

I run and run and run and run. It was like a marathon but without the crowds. Without the excitement. Without the rules. Without other contestants. Just panic and a feeling of sureness that the runner is late.

Yes, rightfully so, I was late. I guess I can congratulate myself for running my ass off while carrying my science books. That's an amazing feat, I'd reckon.Out of breath and out of excuses other than waking up late (I set the alarm clock an hour later, mistakenly, sigh), I tell the monitors for the morning what happened and why it happened. Alarm clocks should have some kind of moron-proof sensor to detect why the moron put the time so late. Or maybe a drunk-proof sensor or something.

Btw, the prolouge is supposed to be descriptive because it's how he remembers the scene. I just follow what my mind says. There'll be some chapters which have flashbacks and some with none

Whoops, spelled your name wrongly, Arcacia, hmm

Ah well, sorry AzerArcacia

Btw I think I'm gonna try to imitate the FSN's style with a bit of my voice. Actually I didn't really want to write love stories, SenichiSaga asked me if I was gonna make a story for Valentine's so, oh well..

Give feedback about 1st chapter, I've given a few hints or so. The one in the spoiler isn't the complete chapter 1

No way! A 13-15-year-old-boy? I thought he was 17. Might as well go to the daily school life.
    I could change it to 17 and make them college students or something. Hey should I name these people with Japanese names or English ones?

True...when I show someone your first writing. He just said, "He explains this much just for the situation? Great, now I'm bored." (no offense though. He just trying to be honest.)
    lol, that's the pain of descriptive essays to be honest. I like some but some are too long. I try to shorten mine a bit more and make it not as dull. I give descriptions but I don't go as far as White Fang. If your friend had White Fang as a novel study, he'd fall asleep after reading each chapter (seriously when I read a chapter, I fall asleep. I got home, I was feeling energetic and incredibly diligent but when I got to reading White Fang I fell asleep. Wtf?)
    Last edited by reb3llist; 05-02-09 at 22:47.

Btw I have no idea what will happen next. Typical of me, create an idea without an ending. I'm too impatient when it comes to writing. I just love writing. There's a strange feeling when I wrote about the crying girl. Wheeeee. Maybe I should shorten the prolouge, what do you think AzerArcacia? I've got a faint idea, PM me if you wanna discuss it really thoroughly with me, or just post here
    Last edited by reb3llist; 05-02-09 at 23:50.

Yes numerous times before
    might as well put a coma here.

Ah the sun is already shining, it's so bright. It's too bright, "Aaah my eyes," I grumble,"meh gotta go to school."
    The sun is too bright, thus this must be around 7AM.
    I wonder is this repetition intentional or not.

I tell the monitors for the morning what happened and why it happened. Alarm clocks should have some kind of moron-proof sensor to detect why the moron put the time so late. Or maybe a drunk-proof sensor or something.
    LOL

Btw, the prolouge is supposed to be descriptive because it's how he remembers the scene. I just follow what my mind says. There'll be some chapters which have flashbacks and some with none
    Flashbacks are great. But don't show too much of them.

Hey should I name these people with Japanese names or English ones?
    Well...which one would you prefer best? I think it's the same for me (except if you want to use some cultural things in your story)

Btw I think I'm gonna try to imitate the FSN's style with a bit of my voice. Actually I didn't really want to write love stories, SenichiSaga asked me if I was gonna make a story for Valentine's so, oh well..
    He...? So it really is not a love story? (well, mine's not a love story. It's just filled with love story)

lol, that's the pain of descriptive essays to be honest. I like some but some are too long. I try to shorten mine a bit more and make it not as dull. I give descriptions but I don't go as far as White Fang. If your friend had White Fang as a novel study, he'd fall asleep after reading each chapter (seriously when I read a chapter, I fall asleep. I got home, I was feeling energetic and incredibly diligent but when I got to reading White Fang I fell asleep. Wtf?)
    In my case, it's not that I will feel asleep. It's just that I will eventually forget the passages that I have just read.

Btw I have no idea what will happen next. Typical of me, create an idea without an ending. I'm too impatient when it comes to writing. I just love writing. There's a strange feeling when I wrote about the crying girl. Wheeeee. Maybe I should shorten the prolouge, what do you think AzerArcacia? I've got a faint idea, PM me if you wanna discuss it really thoroughly with me, or just post here
    TRIPLE BTW!

Uh...have you tried my advice back then?

Try write something in the morning after you get up. You may take from your daily life or your friend's. (I found this method is useful when I stuck in plot.)
    I'll think of something this night. Back OL tommorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by reb3llist View Post
    yeah...
    typical of yours...

starting without en ending hu hu hu...
    as i told you before... create some ending before starting it...
    that's the easiest way to make stories
    but you might be a spontaneous writer kind of person...
    but this kind of person should have some kind of "instinct of writing" in order to make a good stories.
    have you ever read "RiXtopia series"?
    its amazing... the author made 1 chapter per day and he managed to finished it...what a man

btw AzerArcacia...
    I'm still waiting for "yuuki to yuki" updates...
    why is it so long till you update it?
    no offense but I'm a bit curious about the story...
    ha ha...
    Last edited by SenichiSaga; 06-02-09 at 17:23.

yeah...
    typical of yours...

starting without en ending hu hu hu...
    as i told you before... create some ending before starting it...
    that's the easiest way to make stories
    but you might be a spontaneous writer kind of person...
    but this kind of person should have some kind of "instinct of writing" in order to make a good stories.
    have you ever read "RiXtopia series"?
    its amazing... the author made 1 chapter per day and he managed to finished it...what a man
    I sense Clamp ! (That's what erochi-sama said to me before)

btw AzerArcacia...
    I'm still waiting for "yuuki to yuki" updates...
    why is it so long till you update it?
    no offense but I'm a bit curious about the story...
    ha ha...
    Now I found the fourth btw.

<<<right now I'm currently working on someone's Visual Novel Illustration. So I plan to update it once a week (Tomorrow)

Yes...

that's right...CLAMP...
    but if you think of it, it was reasonable isn't it?
    I mean... which of their work were disappointing...it was great as far as I know
    and the way they crossing over their character... it was brilliant

wow AzerArcacia
    you're working on illustrations
    visual novel eh..
    care to share it for me when it's done
    please~~

I'm really looking forward to the next Yuuki to Yuuki as well.

Hm I've been busy these mornings and nights. Ah well, tomorrow again then

Yes...

that's right...CLAMP...
    but if you think of it, it was reasonable isn't it?
    I mean... which of their work were disappointing...it was great as far as I know
    and the way they crossing over their character... it was brilliant
    I just hope it's not as complicated as Tsubasa's chronicle (whoops, we ended up talking anime/manga)

wow AzerArcacia
    you're working on illustrations
    visual novel eh..
    care to share it for me when it's done
    please~~
    It's still a long way to go ==a. I mean, finishing illustration alone is a bit tiresome. I'd be nice If the outline were done already. <3

I'm really looking forward to the next Yuuki to Yuuki as well.

Hm I've been busy these mornings and nights. Ah well, tomorrow again then

@ reb3llist

oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How many characters do you plan to use in your story? (And one thing, what is the title?)

Arrgh it's not done yet! I had guest yesterday
    Hahah me too. I was staying at a friend's house because of the intensity of the damn traffic

@ reb3llist

oh yeah, I forgot to ask. How many characters do you plan to use in your story? (And one thing, what is the title?)
    1. Uhh.. come to think of it, maybe that could be 2 - 5 major characters (2 of them are 'me' and the girl) whose names I do not know at all and..

2. I have no idea

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast