Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
http://idgs.in/150123

hey...

you can named the character all you want since you are the writer...

2. Hot Ad

Here's the end of the 'present' Chapter 1 as I'm finally gonna reveal the names of these anonymous characters (by flashback).

Spoiler untuk end of Chapter 1 at present time :
    After explaining to the monitor and filing for a patent on a drunk-proof sensor with the aforementioned monitor, I am told to go to class. Which I did so very promptly.

While heading towards class, I suddenly think of inventions everywhere. Like an automatic toilet for one, or a pocket toilet. Another one would be the portable ink dispenser for pens. How about AI-controlled fly-swatters? A super guitar-flute thing where you can blow the flute on the guitar as well as strum it? That'd be a brilliant bit of device, definitely. Or super-beds that fly to you when you need sleep? That'd be brilliant, and above all.. oh wait, I'm in front of class already.

No, my heart beat doesn't race at being late. My teacher isn't a ferocious beast that'd breathe out fire if someone doesn't do the homework and not as laid back as you might imagine. Smart and a bit clumsy, I guess he's a well-made teacher.

I knock the sturdy door firmly. The teacher turns his head to the window in the door and looks at me. He motions me to get in. Opening the door, I ask,"May I enter sir?" He nods to me and points to my seat with his hand.

I reach for the empty seat near the window that I have been assigned to throughout the year. I sit down quietly and the teacher continues teaching. "Serious business eh?" I mumble to myself, being so influenced by lurking 'teh intarwebs'.

I look beside me and find an empty seat. I wonder why they haven't moved that seat. There's no one there, why bother keeping it there? It's been months since its first day of vacancy and I believe there's still more days to come.

The lesson continues normally, with the subject at hand being physics, the subject I have most difficulty with (I suck big time at Maths, no explanation needed, every normal person does). I glance to my right sometime to look at the empty seat and reminiscence of the person assigned to the seat.

------------

Hey, what do you want? English or Japanese or mixed? I can go either way because I have a pretty good blend of anime/manga/normal English stuff.

English
    I: Julian*/Robin (or Robbie*)*/Evan*/Fernando*/Damien*/Marco (Mark*)/Dominic (Nick)*
    Girl: Helena/Cecilia*/Levana/Claire*/Josephine/Sabrina

Other people
    Boys & Girls: Jonny*/Marvin*/Dave*/Kevin*/Albert*/Edward*/Hillary*/Hans*/Scott*/Preston/Wilson*/Felipe*/Woodrow/Forrest*

Japanese
    ?

Other people
    ?

Suggest names as much as you wish

Note: * means in favour of
    Last edited by reb3llist; 09-02-09 at 18:06.
    かわした約束忘れないよ 目を閉じ確かめる 押し寄せた闇 振り払って進むよ

O.o .. interesting. Never thought I'll actually find a thread like this while trolling around in IDGS's forum. I have a suggestion, since you guys are gamers (i'm assuming since you guys actually registered in a gaming board, you guys do play, right?), why not start with something.. easy and interesting for the rest of the board members. I'm talking about fan fiction, something like what they have in dota-allstars.com forum. That could be pretty cool . Just a thought ^^. Gonna read the stories posted so far and comment later~.

PS: Any of you have romance/fantasy novels to recommend? I'm bored and out of books to read. I usually burn through a novel in a few hours if it's good =/.

Uhh, romance not so much. How about comedy? This book was the first comedy book that really got me super interested in books

It's called JPod, written by Douglas Coupland.

Then there's the suspenseful and thrilling Book Of Fate. I love it, absolutely love it.

I don't really like to read romance/fantasy but I guess you'd love reading Twilight since everybody around me loves it so much

I'll check it out. Do you know if it is available in Jakarta? (Kinokuniya/Periplus maybe?). Twilight eh.. finished it even before it became popular.. like a a year and a half ago. I dont think it even makes it to my top 10 fantasy series, but its just popular for some reason, especially with girls. I could recommend a dozen of better authors for that genre. Book of Fate...i'll do that next if i can find JPod. Have you read Dan Brown's novels? (Angels and Demons/Da Vinci Code/etc2?) The movie doesn't even compare to it.

Not really, maybe I'll try when I'm not busy

I've read the parody for The Da Vinci Code though, the Va Dinci Cod by Adam Roberts. It's short but highly-entertaining IMO. It's got its own conspiracy itself (like the connection between Mona Lisa and the latin word monaules). Very funny too, a huge improvement compared to his other books like The Soddit.

I'll try Dan Brown sometime later when I'm available. JPod is humour without an exact plot (random plots, as if like a soap opera but far better), The Book Of Fate is conspiracy + action. I've also read 2 more, Cell by Stephen King (didn't really like it but I - for some reason - cried at a character's death, even though I'm a guy) and Next by Crichton. Both were exciting but loses out to The Book Of Fate.

I've abandoned the Well Of Lost Plots by Jason Fforde for a while. I was thinking of picking up How To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (or was it Lee Harper? I think the name's Harper Lee) and found the first few pages interesting. Next time I'll read it. On another note, I wonder where I can get the book Confederacy of Dunces or Mario Puzo stuff or A River Runs Through It.

These 3 stuff was recommended by a guy who I took advice on writing from, Tucker Max. Weird huh?

Hmm Va Dinci Cod eh lol that sounds weird, but i'll give it a shot sometimes. Alright i'll try both books. How to Kill a Mockingbird? I heard that's really good =). Hmm, i'm actually ordering a dozen novels from amazon.com soon, if you really can't find the books, i can buy them for you and you can pay for it later(self-pickup ;P). Check whether its available at amazon.com first though.

No that's alright. Gonna go get it in Kinokuniya sometime later. Hmm what next to read after I finish that Mockingbird one? Actually I can't concentrate on 1 book right now. I'm re-reading JPod so I can't really read one the whole day

Sorry, got too absorbed in learning SAI+Photoshop

Hey, what do you want? English or Japanese or mixed? I can go either way because I have a pretty good blend of anime/manga/normal English stuff.
    I think which names that you choose won't matter :3

While heading towards class, I suddenly think of inventions everywhere. Like an automatic toilet for one, or a pocket toilet. Another one would be the portable ink dispenser for pens. How about AI-controlled fly-swatters? A super guitar-flute thing where you can blow the flute on the guitar as well as strum it? That'd be a brilliant bit of device, definitely. Or super-beds that fly to you when you need sleep? That'd be brilliant, and above all.. oh wait, I'm in front of class already.
    LOL... an invention! The main character's personality is a bit unique, yet it's interesting.

(Though personally I like it when you name them by English)

English
    I: Julian*/Robin (or Robbie*)*/Evan*/Fernando*/Damien*/Marco (Mark*)/Dominic (Nick)*

Other people
    Boys & Girls: Jonny*/Marvin*/Dave*/Kevin*/Albert*/Edward*/Hillary*/Hans*/Scott*/Preston/Wilson*/Felipe*/Woodrow/Forrest*
    anyway..here's my personal Japanese names

I: Kanzaki Mutou/ Kohji Yukiura/ Sasaki Ikuto/
    Girl: Aira Koizumi/ Mori Satsuki/ Hiromi Tatei

(note that the surname is in the 2nd)

@reb3llist&Ceridwyn

wow...you two sure to read a lot.

I just begin to wonder, how many books do you two read in a week?

@SenichiSaga

Sorry==a I haven't got time to continue Yuuki to Yuki. btw I recommend you to read "Toradora", "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu", and "Baka to Tesuto to Syokanju". (Those are from the link I mentioned before)

I read on average around 2 novels per week O_O but usually fantasy/romance genre, nothing as hard as say .. how to kill the mockingbird . if you like the genre, i can recommend you tons =PP.

Oh my God 2 novels a week is madness I lose to you definitely

I like suspenseful stuff that could've existed in this day & age

@reb3llist

hey...
    any progress in your story??

@Ceridwyn

wow...
    you've read many English novels weren't you ?
    how about writing it for once and post it here...

@AzerArcacia

yes...

thanks again for the link...
    I will definitely read those light novels that you'rve mentioned...
    It will be my preferences to write...

by the way...
    not bad for your avatar...
    did you make it yourself ?
    Last edited by SenichiSaga; 11-02-09 at 22:56.

Quote Originally Posted by reb3llist View Post
    Here's the end of the 'present' Chapter 1 as I'm finally gonna reveal the names of these anonymous characters (by flashback).

Spoiler untuk end of Chapter 1 at present time :
    After explaining to the monitor and filing for a patent on a drunk-proof sensor with the aforementioned monitor, I am told to go to class. Which I did so very promptly.

No, my heart beat doesn't race at being late. My teacher isn't a ferocious beast that'd breathe out fire if someone doesn't do the homework and not as laid back as you might imagine. Smart and a bit clumsy, I guess he's a well-made teacher.

I knock the sturdy door firmly. The teacher turns his head to the window in the door and looks at me. He motions me to get in. Opening the door, I ask,"May I enter sir?" He nods to me and points to my seat with his hand.

I reach for the empty seat near the window that I have been assigned to throughout the year. I sit down quietly and the teacher continues teaching. "Serious business eh?" I mumble to myself, being so influenced by lurking 'teh intarwebs'.

I look beside me and find an empty seat. I wonder why they haven't moved that seat. There's no one there, why bother keeping it there? It's been months since its first day of vacancy and I believe there's still more days to come.

The lesson continues normally, with the subject at hand being physics, the subject I have most difficulty with (I suck big time at Maths, no explanation needed, every normal person does). I glance to my right sometime to look at the empty seat and reminiscence of the person assigned to the seat.

------------

English

Other people

Japanese
    ?

Other people
    ?

Suggest names as much as you wish

Note: * means in favour of
    Here's the progress so far

Open the spoiler up there

Oh and to Ceridwyn, I bet you'd finish Cell in a day. I read a few pages of Cell and I found it totally exciting again. After the first 50 pages or so you'll get too addicted anyway.. I was sorta bored the first few pages. Introductions, meh

Cell? What is that about? Suspenseful stuff that could happen in this age.. yep that sounds like Dan Brown's novels. Pick up any of them and you should be fine. Hmm i've definitely read a lot, but i'm pretty sure i'm a lot worse off than any of you when it comes to writing. Like, if i pick up a harry potter or something, i can probably finish it in a day, (9 am - 12 am reading frenzy!! yeah!! LOL stopping only to eat). But i mean, if you really want to learn writing by reading novels, i guess the best way is to read it slowly, see how each author does their sentence structure, their flow and so on. I just read for plots and zoooooom i go lol.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast