http://idgs.in/271670

Default Ask About Affixes

I don't understand what is affix...
    Could you give me an explanation and example of course ??

2. Hot Ad

An affix is a morpheme that is attached to a word stem to form a new word. Affixes may be derivational, like English -ness and pre-, or inflectional, like English plural -s and past tense -ed. They are bound morphemes by definition; prefixes and suffixes may be separable affixes. Affixation is, thus, the linguistic process speakers use to form new words (neologisms) by adding morphemes (affixes) at the beginning (prefixation), the middle (infixation) or the end (suffixation) of words.

Affixes are divided into several categories, depending on their position with reference to the stem. Prefix and suffix are extremely common terms. Infix and circumfix are less so, as they are not important in European languages. The other terms are uncommon.

More description and example at www.google.com or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affix

LOL is this the material of Biology for 11 grade ? u're lucky i got this as my exam material.

affixes , if not mistaken , is some kind of blood disorder, because the hemoglobin can't contain the oxygen and supply the oxygen to the body.
    when this situation happen, ur body will change into blue, because there are not enough oxygen contains in ur blood .

sorry for the bad english LOL